- Southern Methodist University School of Law - Dallas, Texas
- Awarded Juris Doctor Degree 1978
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Will R. Wilson Scholar
- Shell Foundation Scholar
- Hollins University
- Awarded Bachelor of Arts Degree 1970
- Dean's List
Publications, Presentations, and Awards:
- Recipient of 2011 Distinguished Service Award, Texas Legal Services Center
- Named Outstanding Solo Practitioner 2010, Dallas Bar Association DVAP
- Named DVAP's Finest, September 2010, Dallas Volunteer Attorneys
- Fellow, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
Professional, Civic, and Community Activities:
- Member of Faculty, State Bar of Texas Advanced Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law Course
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section, member
- Family Law Section, member
- Dallas Bar Association
- Probate, Trusts and Estates Section, member
- Family Law Section, member
- SMU Dedman School of Law
- Served as a Justice for the Spring 2011 Jackson Walker Moot Court Competition
- In recognition of her strong support of our veterans, the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States recently recognized Ms. Hunter as a Gold Circle Member, and the Disabled American Veterans have recognized her as a Bronze Leader.
- Civil litigation, family law, wills, probate, real estate and estate planing. Represented client in suit to enforce contingent fee contract for public adjuster services for Texas Cartage Warehouse. Conducted discovery, took and defended depositions, drafted Motion for Summary Judgment, responses to opposing party's Motions, represented client in mediation at Burdin Mediations, negotiated settlement, opposing parties represented by Biship & Hummert, P.C. and Baker Botts, LLP. Represented clients in compliance matters with IRS and defended IRS audits.
- Represented title companies in coverage determinations, actions to correct title defects, disputes with adverse claimants, negotiated settlements, advised on compliance with RESPA, Privacy Act and exceptions, recovered from third parties under breach of warranty, equitable and contractual subrogation, mutual indemnity, defended title companies in bad faith suits, investigations by the Texas Department of Insurance and other government entities, researched and advised on issues such as limitations title, easements of necessity, validity of mechanic's liens, foreclosure issues, drafted corrective instruments, evaluated risk of loss and determined measure of loss under title policies, responded to internal investigations and audits, reviewed closing files, loan origination files and abstracts of title in order to determine coverage.
- Represented Oil and Gas Company before Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Texas Railroad Commission, Department of Energy, advised Company on requirements for authorization for sales and transportation of natural gas, drafted and filed applications with regulatory authorities. Obtained DOE and FERC authorization natural gas supplies for Cogeneration Facility in Buffalo, New York, secured refund of over on million dollars for Company in FERC rate case, reviewed proposed legislation and advised concerning potential impact.
- Represented Oil and Gas Company in contested French Limited Superfund Site dispute, defended Company in leaking underground storage tank investigation by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, represented Company in stormwater runoff issues, PCB contamination in pipelines, represented Engineering Department in stationary source air emissions proceedings before the Texas Air Control Board.
- Advised on Employment disputes, Texas franchise and gross receipts tax issues.
- Represented Oil and Gas Company in disputes with owners of minerals, working interests, surface, royalty interests, negotiated settlements, updated abstract and addressed title issues. Advised and represented the Company on natural gas wellhead sales, drilling and spacing issues before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and Texas Railroad Commission, interpreted oil and gas leases, joint operating agreements, advised on escheat of unclaimed proceeds of production.